Interested in joining the Brookes team? You can apply for an open position, pursue a Brookes internship, or submit your resume for future consideration if you don’t see a position that matches your skills.
To apply, please send, fax, or email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
ATTN: HR Department
P.O. Box 10624
Baltimore, MD 21285-0624
Fax: (410) 337-2608
Please, no telephone calls—we’ll call you if you’re under consideration for a position. Brookes Publishing is an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will be a creative, outgoing, and resourceful self-starter who enjoys intellectual challenge. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Marketing Assistant plays a pivotal role in achieving the company’s goals by:
- Facilitating the efficient operations of the marketing division by providing research,
- Supporting the execution of plans for assigned lists and markets, including priorities of direct marketing, conference, advertising, publicity, and all other marketing activities
- Executing marketing initiatives across various media
- Conducting continual market and competition research; analyzing trends in assigned list areas
- Coordinating the focus groups, surveys, and other external review of products and services
- Maintaining and applying knowledge of all products including – forthcoming, newly published, and backlist titles
- Updating and maintaining customer and product information in varied database(s)
- Maintaining and updating divisional projects, records, and files
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years relevant experience and/or mix of experience and education in:
- Marketing strategy
- Content marketing
- Product management
- Marketing automation
- Email & Social media marketing
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent time and multi-project management skills
- Ability to think creatively and conceptually as well as analytically
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs; Design skills a plus
- Professional demeanor and cooperative approach to work in office environment
The new Associate Editor will have relevant publishing or subject-matter experience and enjoy intellectual challenge across a range of responsibilities that foster product development and new business opportunities. Scope of work will include working directly with an Executive Vice President to:
- Identify and cultivate projects for development into new products and new revenue streams
- Facilitate work with author-collaborators to submit grant applications for federal funding of research projects and subsequent grant project management
- Draft and/or respond to RFPs or other bids to solicit or to engage third-party partners on new projects
- Review and draft publishing contracts and other business-related legal documents relating to the company’s intellectual property
- Draft slides and documents for internal and external presentations
- Participate in editorial reviews, including vetting submissions, soliciting peer reviewers, and some developmental editing
- Complete topical research on new areas of business
- Provide planning support for occasional scholarly events hosted by the company
- Draft correspondence with authors, grant team members, and vendors
- Study policy and technology developments in areas of interest to the company
- Assist in budget development and tracking
- Handle general administrative needs of the Executive Vice President
- Assist in oversight of interns
- Use with proficiency the company’s data and project tracking system
- Occasionally represent the company at regional or national academic conferences
This position requires:
- At least a bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience and/or mix of experience and education (knowledge of early childhood, education, and/or elder care markets is a plus)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the methods and procedures for developmental editing and project analysis
- Excellent communication, editing, and writing skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in multi-project management
- Excellent research skills
- Solid computational skills for budget tracking
- Intermediate proficiency in computer operation and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) programs; some graphics experience useful but not required
- Professional demeanor and cooperative approach to work in an office environment
Order Entry Specialist
The new Order Entry Specialist will accurately process orders for timely fulfillment in accordance with departmental procedures and guidelines and support the call center in providing professional and courteous customer service to inbound customer inquiries. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Accurately entering and processing phone, mail, website, and fax orders for various products and service.
- Gathering and entering complete and accurate customer and account information into order fulfillment system(s).
- Entering product data into various databases.
- Providing professional, courteous, and informative customer service to inbound callers
- Identifying, promoting, and offering related books, products, and services to customers.
- Maintaining a high level of product knowledge.
This position requires:
- A Bachelor’s degree or 2 years order entry experience
- Previous order entry experience
- Previous call center experience preferred
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent phone manner and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional suite programs
Are you a college student with a strong interest in the editorial and/or marketing aspects of publishing? We offer full- and part-time internships throughout the year. If you’re interested in joining the Brookes team, consult the internship requirements of your college or university and mail or fax us a résumé and cover letter that describes your interests and career aspirations.
If you are a writer with experience or a strong interest in the fields we cover—autism, communication, early childhood development and intervention, education, inclusion, learning and developmental disabilities—we invite you to send writing samples and a letter of interest explaining your experience in the areas we cover to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome writers with a good understanding of our audience to contribute articles and content for our newsletters and web.
Who we are
Located in Towson, Maryland (just north of Baltimore), Brookes Publishing is an independent highly respected educational publishing company with a strong focus on helping all people—with and without disabilities—achieve their goals and lead fulfilling, self-directed lives. We publish 50+ new titles a year on screening and assessment, autism, literacy, behavior, communication, and more. Learn more about our mission.