Interested in joining the Brookes team? You can apply for an open position, pursue a Brookes internship, or submit your resume for future consideration if you don’t see a position that matches your skills.
To apply, please send, fax, or email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
ATTN: HR Department
P.O. Box 10624
Baltimore, MD 21285-0624
Fax: (410) 337-2608
Please, no telephone calls—we’ll call you if you’re under consideration for a position. Brookes Publishing is an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will be a creative, outgoing, and resourceful self-starter who enjoys intellectual challenge. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Marketing Manager plays a pivotal role in achieving the company’s goals by partnering with stakeholders in marketing, sales and acquisitions to
- design and implement integrated marketing plans that include direct mail & email, social media, advertising, publicity, web, and sales support
- manage day-to-day marketing activities to ensure successful customer targeting, positioning, messaging and branding
- implement publicity campaigns to garner print, broadcast, and internet media coverage for products
- write news releases, cover copy, and promotional materials
- monitor marketing plan performance in order to meet sales, lead generation, and brand awareness goals
- conduct regular and relevant market research to develop customer insights and strategies for market growth
- develop and execute content marketing strategies
- prioritize resources and opportunities in accordance with annual goals
- develop and maintain relationships with authors, experts, organizations, and customers
This position requires:
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- 3-5 years of marketing experience, preferably in a publishing or educational environment, experience preferably will have included:
o marketing strategy
o content marketing
o product management
o marketing automation
o email & social media marketing
- demonstrated proficiency in applying best practices in marketing communication and marketing management
- excellent critical-thinking, organizational, project management, and process-building skills
- excellent communication, writing, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- ability to think creatively and conceptually as well as analytically
- intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
Are you a college student with a strong interest in the editorial and/or marketing aspects of publishing? We offer full- and part-time internships throughout the year. If you’re interested in joining the Brookes team, consult the internship requirements of your college or university and mail or fax us a résumé and cover letter that describes your interests and career aspirations.
If you are a writer with experience/interest in the fields we cover—autism, communication, early childhood development and intervention, education, inclusion, learning and developmental disabilities—we invite you to send writing samples and a letter of interest explaining your experience in the areas we cover to email@example.com. We welcome writers with a good understanding of our audience to contribute articles and content for our newsletters and web.
Who we are
Located in Towson, Maryland (just north of Baltimore), Brookes Publishing is an independent highly respected educational publishing company with a strong focus on helping all people—with and without disabilities—achieve their goals and lead fulfilling, self-directed lives. We publish 50+ new titles a year on screening and assessment, autism, literacy, behavior, communication, and more. Learn more about our mission.