Interested in joining the Brookes team? You can apply for an open position, pursue a Brookes internship, or submit your resume for future consideration if you don’t see a position that matches your skills.
To apply, please send, fax, or email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
ATTN: HR Department
P.O. Box 10624
Baltimore, MD 21285-0624
Fax: (410) 337-2608
Please, no telephone calls—we’ll call you if you’re under consideration for a position. Brookes Publishing is an equal opportunity employer.
The Editorial Assistant will be responsible for facilitating the successful acquisition, tracking, and preparation of projects for publication. The successful candidate will
- assist and support Acquisitions Editors and Editorial Director with author and project management
- draft correspondence, agreements, contracts, and other documentation for varied business associates
- coordinate the external review of product proposals and product content
- enter and maintain project status information in project tracking system; drafting various project reports and documents
- prepare for and attend interdepartmental process meetings
- support editors in preparing for conference travel, author meetings, and other acquisitions opportunities
- field author and prospective author inquiries
- conduct continual market and competition research; analyze trends in assigned list areas
- represent company at local, statewide, and national conferences as assigned
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1–3 years relevant experience and/or mix of experience and education
- intermediate proficiency in computer operation and Microsoft Suite programs
- excellent communication, editing, and writing skills
- excellent organizational, time-management, and research skills
- excellent attention to detail
- strong process-building and multi-tasking abilities
- professional demeanor and cooperative approach to work in an office environment
Are you a college student with a strong interest in the editorial and/or marketing aspects of publishing? We offer full- and part-time internships throughout the year. If you’re interested in joining the Brookes team, consult the internship requirements of your college or university and mail or fax us a résumé and cover letter that describes your interests and career aspirations.
If you are a writer with experience or a strong interest in the fields we cover—autism, communication, early childhood development and intervention, education, inclusion, learning and developmental disabilities—we invite you to send writing samples and a letter of interest explaining your experience in the areas we cover to email@example.com. We welcome writers with a good understanding of our audience to contribute articles and content for our newsletters and web.
Who we are
Located in Towson, Maryland (just north of Baltimore), Brookes Publishing is an independent highly respected educational publishing company with a strong focus on helping all people—with and without disabilities—achieve their goals and lead fulfilling, self-directed lives. We publish 50+ new titles a year on screening and assessment, autism, literacy, behavior, communication, and more. Learn more about our mission.