E-book download instructions
NOTE: Before you begin the download process, please make sure you have installed Adobe Digital Editions on your computer and created an Adobe ID. Then follow these two easy steps for downloading your e-book:
- From your confirmation email or your Brookes Publishing website account, click the download link provided.
- The e-book will download and automatically open in Adobe Digital Editions. It will also save to the default download folder on your computer unless otherwise directed by you.
That’s it! You’re ready to read the e-book in Adobe Digital Editions.
If you would prefer to read on your iPhone or iPad:
- Follow the download instructions above.
- Download the Bluefire reader to your iPhone or iPad.
- Authorize Bluefire (it should prompt you; if not, you can access the authorization prompt through the ‘Info’ button) and enter your Adobe ID (the same login you created for Adobe Digital Editions).
- Follow the ‘Transferring eBooks to Bluefire Reader’ instructions at Bluefire to transfer books from your Adobe Digital Editions library to your Bluefire library.
If you would like to purchase an e-book directly through your iPhone or iPad:
- Before you begin, be sure that you have an Adobe ID and have Bluefire installed, authorized, and logged in on your iPhone or iPad.
- Using your iPhone or iPad browser, make your e-book purchase.
- Follow the download link in your confirmation email or Brookes Publishing account to download your e-book file. It will automatically open in Bluefire.
That didn’t work for me—now what?
If your e-book file does not automatically open within Adobe Digital Editions, check your default download folder for the file. From there, you can drag and drop the file into Adobe Digital Editions. If you are unable to open or find the file, try downloading it again using the link in your confirmation email or Brookes Publishing account.
For more assistance with Adobe Digital Editions, we suggest referencing the troubleshooting steps on their website. If you are having issues with Bluefire, please see their troubleshooting page for suggestions. If you are experiencing issues with your device, please contact the manufacturer.
If you’re still unable to resolve your issue, please contact our customer service department with a detailed description of your issue. Please note: if you have lost your download link, we will not be able to replace it with a new link. The best way to ensure this does not happen is to create an account with Brookes Publishing, which will store all download links for you.