Real progress for all children, from birth to 6
Assessment ● Intervention ● Programming
As an early childhood professional, you work hard every day to catch young children’s delays as early as possible, choose effective interventions, and ensure that every child makes real progress. At the same time, you face a host of responsibilities, from meeting accountability mandates to managing reams of paperwork. You need the power of the Assessment, Evaluation, and Programming System for Infants and Children (AEPS®), Second Edition: one system that meets all your needs at once.
Seamlessly linking assessment, goal development, intervention, and evaluation, AEPS is the most reliable, effective solution for helping children with and without special needs. Choose AEPS because
- it’s comprehensive. AEPS is the one system that helps you do it all: assess children, plan meaningful IEPs and IFSPs, corroborate or determine eligibility, meet accountability mandates, and monitor progress.
- it’s a proven, reliable, and highly regarded system that’s been helping children for decades.
- it meets all NAEYC guidelines and DEC recommended practices for assessment.
- it’s easy to use and fits right into your daily schedule.
- it’s great for children with special needs, picking up delays and small increments of progress that most tests miss.
- it saves time, with web-based data management and group assessment activities.
- it’s the family favorite, helping parents learn about their child’s development and addressing their concerns and goals.
For a visual display of current abilities, targets, and progress, shade and date the goals and objectives for which the child has met criteria in the Child Progress Record
Using the Family Report, gather input from the family on daily routines and activities; combine what you learn from the AEPS Test and the Family Report to pinpoint areas where children need support and develop meaningful goals
Using the simple numbering system in the AEPS Curriculum, match the child’s goals with activity-based interventions in any of the six developmental areas
Manage your data with the web-based AEPSi™ system, which makes it easy for you to score, track, and report AEPS results and plan ongoing interventions—leaving you more time to work with children
Re-administer the AEPS Test several times during the year to accurately measure progress, fine-tune intervention, and ensure progress for every child!
At a glance
What is AEPS?
AEPS is the premier assessment, intervention, and programming system for young children with and without disabilities.
What age range does it cover?
Birth to six years
What does the AEPS Test assess?
AEPS assesses children across six major developmental areas—fine motor, gross motor, cognitive, adaptive, social-communication, and social. The assessment encompasses preacademic content areas such as preliteracy, numeracy, and pre-writing.
Who completes it?
Early childhood professionals, with input from caregivers/parents via the AEPS Family Report
Is the assessment valid and reliable?
Yes, ongoing research dating back to 1984 indicates that AEPS is both reliable and valid. In studies, AEPS helped professionals improve the quality of their written IEP/IFSP goals.
What is AEPSi?
AEPSi is the web-based data management system of AEPS—essential for streamlining assessment, running reports, meeting OSEP reporting mandates, slashing your paperwork time, reducing errors, collecting custom data, and more. Learn more about AEPSi.