Using ASQ:SE to Assess Young Children for Social-Emotional Difficulties
The speakers introduce Ages & Stages Questionnaires®: Social-Emotional (ASQ:SE) and show participants how to use this low-cost, reliable new tool to identify children 6–60 months old who are at risk for social or emotional difficulties.
This seminar typically encompasses
- an introduction to assessment
- the ins and outs of using ASQ:SE, from setting up a tickler system, administering the questionnaires, tracking results, and scoring the questionnaires, to communicating results to families and considering the options for following up after questionnaires have been scored
- the role of parents in the ASQ:SE assessment process, including the validity of parent reporting and factors that affect parents’ responses so that participants can ensure that they obtain the most reliable information possible
- specifics on how to interpret ASQ:SE scores and how to make referral and intervention decisions based on those scores
- any implementation issues programs identify in advance of the seminar date
Speakers supplement their instruction with extended case studies, and they offer role-plays and hands-on activities that give participants experience using ASQ:SE before going out in the field to work with families.
Following this seminar, participants will be able toadminister and score ASQ:SE
- interpret ASQ:SE findings and communicate the results with families
- identify warning signs of social and emotional difficulties
- identify resources for age-appropriate intervention strategies and activities to enhance social-emotional development
- describe the process for referring children at-risk for social and emotional difficulties to appropriate agencies
- 1 day: $2500
ASQ:SE and ASQ-3 Intro
- 1 day: $2500
- 2 days: $3500
ASQ:SE Training of Trainers (ToT)*
- 1 day (ToT alone): $2500 plus $85 per-participant materials fee
- 2 days (1 day ASQ-3 Intro and 1 day ToT): $3500 plus $85 per-participant materials fee
ASQ:SE Training of Trainers and ASQ Training of Trainers*
- 1 day (ToT alone): $2500 plus $110 per-participant materials fee
- 2 days (ToT alone**): $3500 plus $110 per-participant materials fee
- 2 days (1-day ToT plus 1-day ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE Intro) $3500 plus $110 per-participant materials fee
- 3 days (2-day ToT plus 1-day ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE Intro): $5175 plus $110 per-participant materials fee
*These fees are based on groups of 20 or fewer participants. Fees may vary for larger groups. Training of Trainers seminars are typically scheduled in conjunction with one of the introductory seminars above.
**Not typically offered
Let us know in advance if you have specific issues you’d like the seminar to cover, and, if possible, we’ll accommodate your requests!
Combine this seminar with instruction in ASQ-3 so that participants will be prepared to screen young children for developmental delays as well. “Training of Trainers” sessions are also available for participants interested in instructing others to use ASQ: SE.